- Popular Article2015Road to perditionFountain Ink, July 2015, 4(9): 30-44.
The central government has started relaxing norms that protect the environment in favour of industry and development projects, leading to loss of forests, habitat, and wildlife.
Available here: http://fountainink.in/?p=7197&all=1
- Popular Article2015Where the land meets the seaThe Hindu in School, 2 December
- Popular Article2015Present but invisible!The Hindu in School, 30 September
- Popular Article2015When a million turtles landhttps://maptia.com/kalyanvarma/stories/when-a-million-turtles-landDownload
JPG, 1020 KB
In a small coastal town in India, every year hundreds of thousands of turtles come en-masse to nest in a small stretch of beach.
- Popular Article2015Pastures for noneSaevusDownload
PDF, 1.15 MB
The article explores the pivotal role played by pastures in livelihood of local and migratory communities of the Trans-Himalaya and wildlife.
- Popular Article2015Marine Meadows – Following The Feeding Trail Of The DugongSanctuary Asia, Vol. XXXV No. 1, February 2015.
- Popular Article2015The spit in the grass!The Hindu in School, 2 September
- Popular Article2015இயற்கையை அழித்து வளர்ச்சியா? (Tamil version of‘The long road to growth’by T. R. Shankar Raman.)தி இந்து நாளிதழ், சிந்தனைக் களம், சிறப்புக் கட்டுரை. The Hindu Tamil Op-Ed. 18th April 2015.
Jeganathan, P. (2015). இயற்கையை அழித்து வளர்ச்சியா?- திஇந்துநாளிதழ், சிந்தனைக் களம், சிறப்புக் கட்டுரை. 18thApril 2015. (Tamil version of ‘The long road to growth’ by T. R. Shankar Raman.) Iyarkaiyai azithu valarchiya?The Hindu Tamil Op-Ed. 18th April 2015.
English version by T R Shankar Raman link here).
- Popular Article2015The long road to growthThe Hindu, Op-ed Comment, 19 March 2015, Page 9.
As power lines and roads slice up forest cover, it becomes clear that a knowledge economy must tackle development with a wider perspective than that of mere short-term gains. Available from here: http://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/the-long-road-to-growth/article7008158.ece
In Tamil translation by P. Jeganathan in The Hindu Tamil and here: http://blog.ncf-india.org/2015/04/19/the-long-road-to-growth_tamil-version/
- Popular Article2015On the lineThe Caravan Magazine, September 2015.
A remote island's fight to save a remarkable grouper spawning aggregation.
- Popular Article2015How the tangkung lost its tailThe Hindu in School, 1 OctoberDownload
PDF, 1.85 MB
- Popular Article2015The Himalayan WildlifeThe Himalayan JournalDownload
PDF, 1.87 MB
Introducing large mammals of Trans-Himalaya and conservation issues.
- Popular Article2015Life of fryThe Hindu in School, 3 June
- Popular Article2015Stupendous spidersThe Hindu in School, 16 September
- Popular Article2015Bats like something in their tea!Ecologic: the NCF Blog
- Popular Article2015Smelly StorkThe Hindu in School, 15 April
- Popular Article2015Survival tips to a young fish from an old fishThe Hindu in School, 10 June
- Popular Article2015Message in a pollenThe Hindu in School, 1 April
- Popular Article2015Balcony birdingThe Hindu in School, 4 Feb
- Popular Article2015Living differently: combating climate change through unique adaptationSaevusDownload
PDF, 307 KB
The article explores how in extreme places, such as the Central and South Asian cold-desert, local communities are adapting to climatic challenges.