- Poster2014Small Carnivores of NamdaphaSupported by Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund Wildlife Conservation Society The Ford FoundationDownload
JPG, 814 KB
Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Binturong, Spotted Lisang, Yellow-throated Marten, The Hog Badger, Crab-eating Mongoose, Small Indian Mongoose, Stripe-backed Weasel, Ferret Badgers, Palm Civet, Small Indian Civet, Otter
- Popular Article2014நண்டு வரைந்த அழகுக் கோலங்கள். (On Soldier Crab and its sunburst)தி இந்து நாளிதழ். The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 14th October 2014.
Jeganathan, P. (2014). நண்டு வரைந்த அழகுக் கோலங்கள் - தி இந்து நாளிதழ் உயிர்மூச்சு இணைப்பில், ‘இயற்கையின் வாசலில்’ தொடர் எண் – 15. 14th October 2014. Nandu Varaintha Azagu Kolangal– Iyarkayin Vaasalil ArticleSeries No.15 (On Soldier Crab and its sunburst). The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 14th October 2014.
- Book Chapter2014Nature Without Borders: An IntroductionPages 1-40 in Rangarajan, M., Madhusudan, M. D., & Shahabuddin, G. (eds.) Nature Without Borders. Orient Blackswan.
- Thesis2014Seed dispersal by hornbills, conservation status and the consequences of their decline in tropical forests of Arunachal PradeshManipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
- Popular Article2014Fancy sea fanThe Hindu in School, 24 December
- Poster2014Decomposition and Nutrient CyclingDownload
PDF, 3.73 MB
Beetles, Termites, Earthworms, Bacteria, Fungi, Tamil
- Poster2014Prey-Predator DynamicsDownload
PDF, 3.47 MB
Flycatchers, Bats, Insects, Leopard Cat, Mouse Deer, King Cobra, Owl, Flying Squirrel, Trophic Cascade
- Popular Article2014Call of the birdsThe Hindu in School, 31 Dec
- Popular Article2014A Hydra-headed plantThe Hindu in School, 26 November
- Poster2014Insects of the Western Ghats - Odonatessupported by Wildlife Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 279 MB
Odonata, Gnats, Midges, Nilgiri Bambootail, Travencore Torrent Dart, Stream Glory
- Poster2014Some Threats to Elephant and GaurDownload
JPG, 517 KB
Roads, Highways, Roadkills, Inaccessible, Fragmented Habitats, Swathes of Forest, Tourism, Safari Vehicles
- Poster2014Co-existing with Carnivoressupported by Eco-questDownload
JPG, 402 KB
Wild Prey, Carnivores, Deer, Livestock, Goats, Cows, Poisoned, Stoned, Beaten, Stressful
- Poster2014The life-history of a grouper along a Lakshadweep time-line
- Poster2014Co-existing with Elephantssupported by Eco-QuestDownload
JPG, 511 KB
Elephants, Villages, Highways, Fences, Unnatural, Cropfields, Plantations, Crop Raiding, Electrocuting, Poisoning
- Poster2014Insects of the Western Ghats - Cricketssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 25.7 MB
The Kudremukh Weta, Gryllacropsis, Crickets, Katydids, Tree Cricket, False Leaf Katydids, Onomarchus
- Journal Article2014Positive interactions between Irrawaddy dolphins and artisanal fishers in the Chilika Lagoon of eastern India are driven by ecology, socio-economics and cultureAmbio
In human-dominated landscapes, interactions and perceptions towards wildlife are influenced by multi- dimensional drivers. Understanding these drivers could prove useful for wildlife conservation. We surveyed the attitudes and perceptions of fishers towards threatened Irrawaddy dolphins (Orcaella brevirostris) at Chilika Lagoon India. To validate the drivers of fisher perceptions, we : (1) observed dolphin foraging behavior at stake nets, and (2) compared catch per unit effort (CPUE) and catch income of fishers from stake nets in the presence and absence of foraging dolphins. We found that fishers were mostly positive towards dolphins, believing that dolphins augmented their fish catch and using culture to express their perceptions. Foraging dolphins were observed spending half their time at stake nets and were associated with significantly higher catch income and CPUE of mullet (Liza sp.), a locally preferred food fish species. Wildlife conservation efforts should use the multidimensional drivers of human–wildlife interactions to involve local stakeholders in management.
- Popular Article2014கோடியக்கரை: விருந்தாளிப் பறவைகளின் உல்லாச விடுதி. (On Point Calimere Wildlife Sanctuary)தி இந்து நாளிதழ். The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 22th July 2014.
Jeganathan, P. (2014). கோடியக்கரை: விருந்தாளிப் பறவைகளின் உல்லாச விடுதி - தி இந்து நாளிதழ் உயிர்மூச்சு இணைப்பில், ‘இயற்கையின்வாசலில்’தொடர் எண் – 3. 22th July 2014. Kodiyakkarai: Virunthalip paravaigalin ullasa viduthi – Iyarkayin Vaasalil ArticleSeries No.3 (On Point Calimere Wildlife Sanctuary). The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 22th July 2014.
- Poster2014Fungi of the Western Ghatssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 177 MB
Cyathus, Amanita, Coprinus, Schizophyllum, Cordyceps, Omphalotus
- Popular Article2014இலையில்லை, நாம் இல்லை. (On Leaves and why are young leaves are red)தி இந்து நாளிதழ். The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 21st October 2014.
Jeganathan, P. (2014). இலையில்லை, நாம் இல்லை - தி இந்து நாளிதழ் உயிர்மூச்சு இணைப்பில், ‘இயற்கையின் வாசலில்’ தொடர் எண் – 16. 21st October 2014. Ilaiyillai Namillai – Iyarkayin Vaasalil ArticleSeries No.16 (On Leaves and why are young leaves are red). The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 21st October 2014.
JPG, 422 KB
Leopards, Adaptable, Towns, Villages, Fields, Farmland, Deer, Monkeys, Stray Dogs, Livestock