- Book Chapter2014Nature Without Borders: An IntroductionPages 1-40 in Rangarajan, M., Madhusudan, M. D., & Shahabuddin, G. (eds.) Nature Without Borders. Orient Blackswan.
- Popular Article2014Perils of oil palmNewslink (Aizawl), 20 August 2014, page 2.
- Poster2014In The RainforestDownload
PDF, 5.55 MB
Black Eagle, Scarlet Minivet, Indian Giant Squirrel, Great Hornbill, White-bellied Woodpecker, Pompadour Pigeon, White-bellied Blue Flycatcher, Butterfly, Lion-tailed Macaque, Bettle, Southern Green Calotes, Termites, King Cobra, Frog, Damselflies, Fungi, Malabar Whistling Thrush, Mouse Deer, Leopard Cat, Leaf-nosed Bat, Malabar Spiny Doormouse, Brown Palm Civet, Large Brown Flying Squirrel, Fruit Bat, Spot-bellied Eagle Owl
PDF, 9.71 MB
Fishing Spiders, Leucauge, Lynx Spider, Giant Wood Spider, Acusilas
PDF, 15.3 MB
Dollarbird, Chack-Chack, Flying Insects, Beetles, Lizards, Tamil
- Poster2014Dhole and Sloth BearDownload
JPG, 478 KB
Dhole(Wild Dogs), Mongrel, Sambar, Sloth Bear, Nocturnal, Termite, Ant Larvae
- Art & Literary2014Coming home to BorneoFountain Ink, June 2014, 3(8): 91-102.
- Popular Article2014பஷீரின் குடுமிக் கழுகு. (On watching Legge’s Hawk Eagle Nest)தி இந்து நாளிதழ். The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 5th August 2014.
Jeganathan, P. (2014).பஷீரின் குடுமிக் கழுகு - தி இந்து நாளிதழ் உயிர்மூச்சு இணைப்பில், ‘இயற்கையின் வாசலில்’ தொடர்எண் – 5. 5th August 2014. Basheerin Kudumik Kazugu– Iyarkayin Vaasalil ArticleSeries No.5 (On watching Legge’s Hawk Eagle Nest). The Hindu Tamil News Daily. 5th August 2014.
- Report2014NCF Annual Report 2013 & 2014
- Journal Article2014Vigorous Dynamics Underlie a Stable Population of the Endangered Snow Leopard Panthera uncia in Tost Mountains, South Gobi, MongoliaPLoS One. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0101319
- Journal Article2014Multi-scale factors influencing human attitudes towards snow leopards and wolves.Conservation Biology DOI: 10.1111/cobi.12320
- Poster2014The life-history of a grouper along a Lakshadweep time-line
- Popular Article2014Ants in my plants!The Hindu in School, 24 June
PDF, 7.49 MB
Cultivated Vanilla, Lady's Slipper Orchids, Epiphytes
PDF, 2.69 MB
Hill Forests, Dewlaps, Dorsal Ridges, Tamil
- Journal Article2014Seagrasses in the age of sea turtle conservation and shark overfishingFrontiers in Marine Science 1:28. doi: 10.3389/fmars. 2014.00028.Download
PDF, 1.95 MB
Efforts to conserve globally declining herbivorous green sea turtles have resulted in promising growth of some populations. These trends could significantly impact critical ecosystem services provided by seagrass meadows on which turtles feed. Expanding turtle populations could improve seagrass ecosystem health by removing seagrass biomass and preventing of the formation of sediment anoxia. However, overfishing of large sharks, the primary green turtle predators, could facilitate turtle populations growing beyond historical sizes and trigger detrimental ecosystem impacts mirroring those on land when top predators were extirpated. Experimental data from multiple ocean basins suggest that increasing turtle populations can negatively impact seagrasses, including triggering virtual ecosystem collapse. Impacts of large turtle populations on seagrasses are reduced in the presence of intact shark populations. Healthy populations of sharks and turtles, therefore, are likely vital to restoring or maintaining seagrass ecosystem structure, function, and their value in supporting fisheries and as a carbon sink.
- Popular Article2014Nitya in the rainforestThe Hindu in School, 16 July
- Popular Article2014From hunters to protectorsThe Hindu in School, 23 July
PDF, 2.25 MB
Colour Morphs, Forests, Grasslands, Chital, Barking Deer, Rodents, Domestic Livestock, Stray Dogs, Tamil
PDF, 6.79 MB
White-cheeked Barbet, Coppersmith Barbet, Green Plumage, Stout Beaks