- Popular Article2011Remembering Charles Darwin.The Hindu Young World. 15th February.
Jeganathan, P. (2011). Remembering Charles Darwin. The Hindu Young World. 15th February.
- Popular Article2011A real race on an imaginary course?Down To Earth, 15 October 2011
- Popular Article2011Elusive Malabar civetDeccan Herald Spectrum, 25 January 2011, page 4.Download
PDF, 190 KB
Have we really lost another mammal species from India? If not, what has become of the Malabar civet? Intrigued, Divya Mudappa sets out to look for the species in the Western Ghats along with NIAS researcher Nandini, only to find the Indian civet. The Malabar civet, she says, is rare in museum collections too, and even a bad photograph of a wild Malabar civet would be better than none at all.
Available here: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/131706/elusive-malabar-civet.html
- Popular Article2011Death of two OsamasDeccan Herald Spectrum, 24 May 2011, page 4.Download
PDF, 351 KB
Maligning the elephant: Following the death of two elephants that went by the name Osama in the last five years, T R Shankar Raman wonders what the future holds for the human – elephant relationship. Will it remain a perception of elephants as objects of conflict seen through the coin of economics and the lens of science, when it could lead to co-existence if passed through the prism of humanity?
Available here: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/163574/archives.php
- Popular Article2011One Earth,One Chance: Conserving a Connected WorldThe Hindu Magazine 5 June 2011, page 1 and 4.
World Environment Day on Sunday is an occasion to assess where we stand in making this planet a more liveable place for us and future generations. Wildlife scientists and conservation experts on the choices we can make today before it becomes too late... A consumer picking a product off a shelf has an immediate impact on distant species and natural ecosystems. And that link brings with it both an environmental peril and opportunity.
- Popular Article2010Old is GoldHornbill. April-June. Pp. 10-13.Download
PDF, 486 KB
On Golden Dartlet (Ischnura aurora) Damselfly
- Popular Article2010Dragonflies and Damselflies-bejeweled aerial predatorsSanctuary Asia. August. Pp 56-59.Download
PDF, 328 KB
Jeganathan, P. (2010). Dragonflies and Damselflies-bejeweled aerial predators. Sanctuary Asia. August. Pp 56-59.
- Popular Article2010Can we hear the roar again?The Hindu Young World, 3rd August
Jeganathan, P. (2010). Can we hear the roar again? The Hindu Young World, 3rdAugust. http://www.hindu.com/yw/2010/08/03/stories/2010080350240200.htm
- Popular Article2010Lure of the wildFrontline 27(5): 64-73
- Popular Article2010Saving SahyadriFrontline 27(24):64-72Download
PDF, 858 KB
Tigers are on the retreat from the Sahyadris and the predator’s preferred prey, the sambar, is on the decline.
- Popular Article2010Monkey Watcher’s DiarySanctuary Asia 30(5):38:41
- Popular Article2010Change the hunterTimes of India, 30 April 2010
- Popular Article2010Planet of the antsThe Hindu Magazine, 6 June 2010, page 5.
- Popular Article2010Ecotourist, tread carefully!Deccan Herald, 11 May 2010
- Popular Article2010Saving a culture of coexistenceTimes of India, 28 May 2010
- Popular Article2010Need to preserve natural capitalMint, 5 June 2010
- Popular Article2010The elephant in your coffeeTimes of India, 25 June 2010
- Popular Article2010Wildlife beyond bordersTimes of India, 30 July 2010
- Popular Article2010Nature without borders: the problemSeminar 613: 12-13
- Popular Article2010Nobody’s heroesTimes of India, 31 December 2010