- Popular Article2011வளங்குன்றா விவசாயமும் பல்லுயிர்ப் பாதுகாப்பும் (Sustainable Agriculture and Biodiversity Conservation)பூவுலகு. ஜூலை -ஆகஸ்ட் 2011 பக்கங்கள் 47-49/ Poovulagu. Jul-Aug, Pp 47-49.
வளங்குன்றா விவசாயமும் பல்லுயிர்ப் பாதுகாப்பும்.பூவுலகு. ஜூலை -ஆகஸ்ட் 2011 பக்கங்கள் 47-49. [Jeganathan, P. (2011). Valangundra Vivasayamum Pallyuir Pathugappum. Poovulagu. Jul-Aug, Pp 47-49.(Sustainable Agriculture and Biodiversity Conservation)]
- Popular Article2011வேழங்களை வாழவைக்க. (To save our Asiatic Elephants)துளிர். அக்டோபர் 2011. பக்கங்கள் 7-10. Thulir. Science monthly magazine for Kids. Pp 7-10.
- Popular Article2011Remembering Charles Darwin.The Hindu Young World. 15th February.
Jeganathan, P. (2011). Remembering Charles Darwin. The Hindu Young World. 15th February.
- Popular Article2011Through democracy or by diktat? Creating inviolate areas for wildlife conservationThe Hindu Survey of the Environment 2011
- Popular Article2011Staying legal, staying reasonableDown To Earth, 15 November 2011
Full article accessible here
- Popular Article2011Conserving the tiger needs putting people firstTimes of India, 4 March 2011
- Popular Article2011A real race on an imaginary course?Down To Earth, 15 October 2011
- Popular Article2011Roads, revetments and restorationBlog post at Reviving Rainforest
- Popular Article2011Habitat is the key.Down To Earth. October 1-15. Page 31.Download
PDF, 1.16 MB
Jeganathan, P. (2011). Habitat is the key. Down To Earth. October 1-15. Page 31.
- Popular Article2011Over one hundred years of solitudeZoo’s Print 26 : 5-8
- Popular Article2011A remnant taleSanctuary Asia 31 (5):42-47Download
PDF, 1.1 MB
Natural history of the stump-tailed macaque, one of India’s least- known primates that is holding on for dear life in Assam’s tiny but rich Hollongapar Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Popular Article2011Trumpeting their causeThe Hindu Young World. 19th July.
Jeganathan, P. (2011). Trumpeting their cause. The Hindu Young World. 19th July. http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/kids/article2237914.ece
- Popular Article2011இளைய தலைமுறைக்கு மழைக்காட்டைப்பற்றிய தகவல்கள்http://hindi.mongabay.com/tamil/kids/
Rhett Butler (2006). Rain forest information for school kids. http://kids.mongabay.com/ In Tamil: by P. Jeganathan (2011). Ilaya thalaimuraiku Mazaikattai patriya Thagavalgal.
- Popular Article2011Wild blames wildCare4NatureDownload
PDF, 2.66 MB
Impact of dog on red fox
- Popular Article2011Elusive Malabar civetDeccan Herald Spectrum, 25 January 2011, page 4.Download
PDF, 190 KB
Have we really lost another mammal species from India? If not, what has become of the Malabar civet? Intrigued, Divya Mudappa sets out to look for the species in the Western Ghats along with NIAS researcher Nandini, only to find the Indian civet. The Malabar civet, she says, is rare in museum collections too, and even a bad photograph of a wild Malabar civet would be better than none at all.
Available here: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/131706/elusive-malabar-civet.html
- Popular Article2011Death of two OsamasDeccan Herald Spectrum, 24 May 2011, page 4.Download
PDF, 351 KB
Maligning the elephant: Following the death of two elephants that went by the name Osama in the last five years, T R Shankar Raman wonders what the future holds for the human – elephant relationship. Will it remain a perception of elephants as objects of conflict seen through the coin of economics and the lens of science, when it could lead to co-existence if passed through the prism of humanity?
Available here: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/163574/archives.php
- Popular Article2011One Earth,One Chance: Conserving a Connected WorldThe Hindu Magazine 5 June 2011, page 1 and 4.
World Environment Day on Sunday is an occasion to assess where we stand in making this planet a more liveable place for us and future generations. Wildlife scientists and conservation experts on the choices we can make today before it becomes too late... A consumer picking a product off a shelf has an immediate impact on distant species and natural ecosystems. And that link brings with it both an environmental peril and opportunity.
- Popular Article2011Rhythms of renewalThe Hindu Magazine, 2 January 2011, page 5.
Efforts on global and local fronts have changed environment development like never before. Will the government, society and native communities work to sustain them in the new year?
- Popular Article2011Bridging the canopy gapsBlog post at Reviving Rainforest
- Popular Article2010Natural engineering: India's green infrastructureDeccan Herald, Op-ed Panorama page, 15 February 2010Download
PDF, 58.8 KB