- Popular Article2017Life of PineThe Hindu in School, 8 March
- Popular Article2017Defenders of the moundThe Hindu in School, 22 March
- Book2017Birds of Cauvery/MM Hills Wild Life Sanctuary (Kannada) - Pocket guideProduced under the Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme supported by IUCN and KfWDownload
PDF, 1.04 MB
A pocket guide to common birds of Cauvery/MM hills Wildlife Sanctuaries, in a handy, foldable format. Illustrations shown for 137 species, with winter migrants marked separately. The pocket guide has 10 panels with bird illustrations, and is laminated for protection and easy to use in the field. The pocket guide is in Kannada, with bird names listed in both Kannada and English.
Supporting conservation outreach in India this product has been produced by our Western Ghats programme as part of Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme supported by IUCN and KfW. These pocket guides are distributed free of cost to schools, community members, social leaders and others in the project landscape.
Keywords: Birds, Western Ghats, Pocketguide
- Book2017Birds of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands: A pocket guide to 139 birds of the islands
- Book2017Birds of Karnataka (Kannada) - pocket guide
- Popular Article2016Rendezvous with GabbarThe Hindu in School, 3 February
- Popular Article2016River under attackThe Hindu in School, 10 February
- Popular Article2016The summer of spiny-tailed lizardsThe Hindu in School, 17 August
- Popular Article2016Monsters in sand pitsThe Hindu in School, 24 February
- Popular Article2016Birds that call their namesThe Hindu in School, 5 October
- Popular Article2016Sing me a folktaleThe Hindu. In school, 26th October.
Jeganathan, P. (2016).Sing me a folktale. The Hindu. In school, 26th October. http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-in-school/article9268433.ece
- Popular Article2016The silence of India's wildlife scientists, including myself, rings louder than gunshots.Scroll.in, 20 September 2016.
Eight reasons why those like me stay away from India's most important debates.
Republished from my blogpost at View from Elephant Hills: http://coyot.es/elephanthills/2016/09/16/conversation-biology-eight-reasons-why-i-am-a-silent-scientist/
- Popular Article2016A four-horned flash of goldThe Hindu in School, 6 January
- Popular Article2016The Fig and the WaspThe Hindu in School, 21 September
- Popular Article2016God's favouritesThe Hindu in School, 29 June
- Popular Article2016An urban menagerieThe Hindu in School, 20 January
- Popular Article2016Shekru sees a blazing issueThe Hindu in School, 13 July
- Popular Article2016New year on the reefThe Hindu in School, 22 March
- Popular Article2016The joy of cloudspottingThe Hindu in School, 31 August
- Popular Article2016An alien in the woodsThe Hindu in School, 3 August