- Popular Article2016An urban menagerieThe Hindu in School, 20 January
- Popular Article2016Shekru sees a blazing issueThe Hindu in School, 13 July
- Popular Article2016In clouded leopard countryThe Hindu Sunday Magazine, 8 October 2016, pages 1-2.
In the rainforest, the rewards of silence sometimes exceed your wildest expectations. From where I sit quietly, I don’t hear a single artificial sound. Unseen cicadas shrill and set the air ringing, woodpeckers cackle from the treetops, and frogs click and boom from the rock-pools alongside the singing river below. From somewhere in the undergrowth, a grey peacock-pheasant sounds an echoing, guttural laugh. In the distance rise great grey cliffs, home of serow (a forest goat-antelope) and bear, overlooking the rainforests where every morning the hoolock gibbons still hoot and sing. Around the steep rock slope where I am stretched out on my back, the looming rainforest envelops me like an amphitheatre. I feel like a tiny flame steady in an evergreen sconce. As yet, I have no inkling of what we are about to witness.
- Popular Article2016The march of the triffids.The BOU Blog, 8 August 2016
Shifting agriculture supports more rainforest birds than oil palm or teak monocultures
- Popular Article2016Why Mizoram must revive, not eradicate, jhumThe Frontier Despatch, March 4 – 10, 2016, page 6.
- Popular Article2016Is oil palm expansion good for Mizoram?The Frontier Despatch, March 18 – 24, 2016, pages 6-7.
- Popular Article2015Crop cycles: Fire and renewal in MizoramPeople's Archive of Rural India, 21 April 2015
- Popular Article2014Mizoram: bamboozled by land use policyThe Hindu, Op-ed Comment page, 14 May 2014, page 9.
Forest cover loss has occurred at a period when area under jhum cultivation is declining, suggesting that the land use policy has been counterproductive to forests.
- Popular Article2014Field and fallow, farm and forestThe Telegraph, Opinion page, 12 April 2014, page 12.Download
PDF, 728 KB
and on blog here: http://coyot.es/elephanthills/2014/04/15/the-dance-of-the-bamboos/
- Popular Article2014Perils of oil palmNewslink (Aizawl), 20 August 2014, page 2.
- Popular Article2011Habitat is the key.Down To Earth. October 1-15. Page 31.Download
PDF, 1.16 MB
Jeganathan, P. (2011). Habitat is the key. Down To Earth. October 1-15. Page 31.