Writing about nature for children
NCF's column in the School edition of The Hindu newspaper
We entered into an agreement with The Hindu in April 2012 to write a regular column in their In School edition. Since then, over 100 articles have appeared in the Schools edition (in the "Earth Watch") section.
Nature writing, broadly defined!
Our subject is Nature, but each article approaches it in a different way. Some articles are more factual, others take the form of a story, and yet others tend to be more lyrical than the rest!
All articles in this series are available in the "Publications" section below. Click on the article to view a link to the online version; some articles also have downloadable pdfs. Please check back periodically for new articles!
- Popular Article2017Life of PineThe Hindu in School, 8 March
- Popular Article2016The joy of cloudspottingThe Hindu in School, 31 August
- Popular Article2016Monsters in sand pitsThe Hindu in School, 24 February
- Popular Article2016God's favouritesThe Hindu in School, 29 June
- Popular Article2016Shekru sees a blazing issueThe Hindu in School, 13 July
- Popular Article2016New year on the reefThe Hindu in School, 22 March
- Popular Article2016The Fig and the WaspThe Hindu in School, 21 September
- Popular Article2016A four-horned flash of goldThe Hindu in School, 6 January
- Popular Article2016An urban menagerieThe Hindu in School, 20 January
- Popular Article2016Rendezvous with GabbarThe Hindu in School, 3 February