NCF's education and outreach material
Collating more than a decade's worth of nature and conservation material
Over the years, the various programmes within NCF have produced a variety of material about nature and conservation. In this project, we are collating and archiving all this material, and plan to make much of it available for public use through the website.
Bringing nature to the curriculum
The Himalayan Children's Workbook is being used, together with a Teacher's Manual, in schools across Spiti District of Himachal Pradesh.
Natural History for all
Fungi deserve our love as much as any part of nature does!
Posters in English and other languages describe conservation problems and solutions.
... and much more!
We are in the process of putting together all such material we have, and hope to have each item downloadable here soon.
- Poster2014Insects of the Western Ghats - Cricketssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 25.7 MB
The Kudremukh Weta, Gryllacropsis, Crickets, Katydids, Tree Cricket, False Leaf Katydids, Onomarchus
- Poster2014Introduction to the Western Ghatssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 14.9 MB
Endemics, Malabar Grey Hornbill, Vertebrates, Intervertebrates, Deciduous Forests, Tropical Rainforests, Shola Grasslands
- Poster2014Amphibians of the Western Ghatssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 308 MB
Western Ghats, Caecilians, Ichthyophis Bombayensis, Gegeneophis Seshachari, Nyctibatrachiade, Ranixalide, Microhylidae, Melanobatrachus indicus, Nasikabatrachidae, Nasikabatrachus Sahyadrensis, Bufonide, Dicroglossidae, Rhacophoridae, Micrixalidae, Ranidae, Nctibatrachus, Micrixalus, Indirana, Pseudophilatus
- Poster2014Fungi of the Western Ghatssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 177 MB
Cyathus, Amanita, Coprinus, Schizophyllum, Cordyceps, Omphalotus
- Poster2014In The RainforestDownload
PDF, 5.55 MB
Black Eagle, Scarlet Minivet, Indian Giant Squirrel, Great Hornbill, White-bellied Woodpecker, Pompadour Pigeon, White-bellied Blue Flycatcher, Butterfly, Lion-tailed Macaque, Bettle, Southern Green Calotes, Termites, King Cobra, Frog, Damselflies, Fungi, Malabar Whistling Thrush, Mouse Deer, Leopard Cat, Leaf-nosed Bat, Malabar Spiny Doormouse, Brown Palm Civet, Large Brown Flying Squirrel, Fruit Bat, Spot-bellied Eagle Owl
- Poster2014Insects of the Western Ghats - Odonatessupported by Wildlife Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 279 MB
Odonata, Gnats, Midges, Nilgiri Bambootail, Travencore Torrent Dart, Stream Glory
- Poster2014Small Carnivores of Namdaphasupported by Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund Wildlife Conservation Society The Ford FoundationDownload
JPG, 814 KB
Namdapha Tiger Reserve, Binturong, Spotted Lisang, Yellow-throated Marten, The Hog Badger, Crab-eating Mongoose, Small Indian Mongoose, Stripe-backed Weasel, Ferret Badgers, Palm Civet, Small Indian Civet, Otter
- Poster2014Dragonflies And Damselflies Of Anamalai Hillssupported by M. M. Muthiah Research FoundationDownload
PDF, 1.8 MB
Anamalai Hills, Dragonflies, Blue-tailed Yellow Skimmer (Palpopleura Sexmaculata), Ground Skimmer(Diplacodes Tri Vialis), Crimson Marsh Glider(Trithemis Aurora), Granite Ghost(Bradinopyga Germinata), Ruby Tailed Hawklet(Epithemis Marial), Pied Paddy Skimmer(Neurothemis Tullia), Trumpet tail(Acisoma Panorpoides), Emerald-banded Skimmer(Cratilla Lineata), Brown-backed Red Marsh Hawk(Orthetrum Chrysis), Black Steam Glider(Trithemis Festiva), Blue Marsh Hawk(Orthetrum Glaucum), Blue-tailed Forest Hawk(Orthetum Triangulare),Damselflies Clear-winged Forest Glory(Vestalis Gracilis), Pigmy Dartlet(Agriocnemis pygmaea), Saffron-faced Blue Dart(Psedagrion Rubriceps), Black tipped Forest Glory(Vestalis apicalis), Stream Ruby(Rhinocypha Bisignata), Yellow-striped Blue Dart(Pseudogrian Indicum), Stream Glory(Neurobasis Chinensis), Asian Slim(Aciagrion Occidentale)
- Poster2014Flora of the Western Ghatssupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 11.3 MB
Cauliflory, Cullenia Exarillata, Baccaurea, Ficus Hispida, Thottea Dingoi, Flagelliflory, Diospyros Bourdiuonii
- Poster2014Invertebrates Of The Western Ghats - Centipedessupported by Critical Ecosystem Partnership FundDownload
PDF, 12.2 MB
Centipedes, Scolopendridae, Digtipes